Forum »
Indie Gaming

Azeoth

Starman Super
Well i guess it's about time this thread was created

Banana Nababa, odd name, great game. It is nothing but several boss fights with a very oldschool feel to it, has that "one more try" kinda feel
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

sevex

Starman DX
Wow, that game really is tough. I got to the third guy.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Azeoth

Starman Super
Yeah, that's as far as i am now
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

Azeoth

Starman Super
Valdis Story another castleroid style of game but this one feels very polished (even tho it is only a demo) give it a shot

one gripe that lasted all of 2 minutes is every time you attack the camera shifts slightly to add to the effect, once you get used to it it begins to look neat so don't write it off too quickly

also, the controls instead of cramping up your hand play them wasd style like a fps thumb for jump

ioev

Starman DX
Needs a lot more polish before I'd say it's playable. Needs more control options, better (more interesting) level design. The enemies shouldn't get pushed back every time you hit them, preventing you from getting combos, and having to inch forward using the bad controls makes me always run into them.

And what's with the double jump? Why do games constantly have to use this. I mean, think about what a "double jump" is. It's just a higher jump that you have to press twice to do. You get it, and then every ledge gets higher. Now take a look at WALL JUMP. If you've played Batman, you know what I'm talking about. Wall jump can be awesome. Double-jump is just overused.

Though, I can say the graphics look nice, but needs either a smaller resolution or bigger sprites/more detail. The music is good as well, nice and atmospheric.

Gatsu

Starman Super
I know this is slightly off topic, but Azeoth, your avatar - did you make it or just grab it off of the pixelation forums? Just curious because it IS cool. :)

Also, just played the first level of Valdis Story. I like it :)
-_o

Azeoth

Starman Super
Pixelation, and yep, i grabbed it caus it's awesome

Azeoth

Starman Super
and the concept is soon to be in use

Atomsk

Starman Super
Wow, that looks really cool. It'll probably make the game pretty interesting to navigate.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

Moik

Starman Super
Is it basically the Echronosphere thing?
Hyper-advanced aliens might not have to send their interstellar battle fleet to conquer Earth, it might only take three bored undergraduate aliens with borrowed lab equipment.