Forum »
Indie Gaming

ryan

Starman Jr.
Beat the first 3 bosses on the bottom side, I guess he really only counts as one boss though.
"Why is the rum gone?!".

sevex

Starman DX
Craaazy. I gave up after that save glitch killed my progress.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

Azeoth

Starman Super
Bontago. Pretty awesome. The objective is to cover all the white flags in the center of the field. The higher you pile your stack the more area you cover. Covering area of an opponent drops his pieces through the bottom of the floor. Couple that with a tilting field and random items that do all kinds of destructive things, and, well you have a good thing.

if this catches on we need to get a few ip matches going
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

Azeoth

Starman Super
I cannot believe this game was ever created. The only thing more amazing is the fact that it seems to be good!

Charles Barkley: Shut up and Jam. A RPG set in a post apocalyptic future were Basketball has been banned and all players were either executed forgotten about or just keeping there identities hidden. all because of something called the Chaos Dunk. A dunk so powerful it destroyed a city. Oh, and you play as Charles himself

Yep, thats the premesis. It is a rpg with a very in depth battle system and a lot of active timed events, a very odd setting and some quirky humor, such as the save points which ramble on about video game companies and how we wouldn't understand it if it explained things to us in japanese due to our inability to tell the difference between hirigana from katakana.

So yeah, what more can you ask for...Oh yeah, your two languages are english, and al Bhed.
Raptor Fun Fact #73 - The raptor's natural enemy is the gas-powered internal combustion off-road vehicle, which are made of evil

sevex

Starman DX
Yeah that game looks amazing. I'll get it tonight after work.

Well, I've tried it, and it's definitely awesome. The combat is a little boring, but everything else is so great. My first new foot equipment was a pair of bapes, and the ultimate revival/healing item is a chicken fry. Great music and dialogue too, although the save machine is a stuck up weeaboo.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
Harpooned!

Azeoth

Starman Super
The Underside editor "The Almighty Paintbrush" has been released. Just to keep everyone occupied till the official game itself comes out.

It's more of The Underside, therefore its awesome....seriously, if you haven't tried the preview, It comes with the download as well, so try it out

sevex

Starman DX
Wow... the game looks even more like Cave Story than it did when I first tried it. Some stuff is really just... stolen...

Gatsu

Starman Super
I *finally* finished cave story over the Christmas holidays. I'd forgotten to post about it here :). I actually played through the PSP port. It was well done.
-_o

ioev

Starman DX
The PSP version was actually released? Retail?

Oh, and on the Underside... I understand it's sort of an homage to Cave Story... but some of this stuff is pretty blanant. Hopefully the guy respects pixel enough to not try and sell his game...