Forum »
Awesome Song of the Day

sevex

Starman DX
I listen to a LOT of music while I'm at work, and sometimes I find a song that stands out and gets a bunch of extra plays over the course of the day.

I've decided I'll start sharing em here. This will be a bit different from the other music topic in that I'll keep it to just one song each day. If anyone else happens upon an amazing song, feel free to join in!

Today's awesome song is:

Dance Gavin Dance - Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

I've been listening to a lot of Dance Gavin Dance lately, along with a lot of other Post-Hardcore bands. Guess I'm in the mood for loud, noisy stuff lately.

This song actually isn't that loud or noisy though. It starts out kinda melodic, gets a little heavier, transitions into some dancy beats, squeezes in a bit of screaming vocals, and then moves back through most of the process again. It's pretty amazing how much variety there is in this 3 minute 40 second song and the whole thing is very catchy to boot.

Hope you enjoy it!
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

subpop

Starman Super
I'll do my best to share a song every once and a while. Here's my song of the day.

Hisstocrat - Super Mario 3D World
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

sevex

Starman DX
Today's song is a little weird, cause I'm not sure yet if it's awesome or not.

weezer - Back To The Shack

This new single is catchy, and seems to have a little bit of the sound weezer left behind ages ago, but I'm not sure yet if I really like it so I'll just have to keep listening.

I'll be so happy if the upcoming album is better than their last five or six releases.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

sevex

Starman DX
This awesome song of the day is a little pre-meditated, as I wanted to share it when I first found it a few weeks ago, but didn't get the chance.

Sufjan Stevens - Wolverine

Just a mellow tune, with some nice simple lyrics. I don't think it's from any of Sufjan Stevens's albums, but it shows up on the soundtrack for a neat movie called Restless. (Which is on Canadian Netflix if you'd like to watch something a little different.)

sevex

Starman DX
I almost didn't post a song! (Had the day off work so I wasn't on my computer much.)

This Is Me Smiling - Losin' It More

Such sweet acoustic guitar during the first bit. Too bad this band didn't really go anywhere, cause the guy is seriously talented.

sevex

Starman DX
Today's song is:

Moist - Mechanical

Yes! Moist is back! They have this awesome new single, they're touring again (with a slightly different lineup, new drummer?) and they have a new album on the way in a few months!

It's hard to believe this isn't some old song that was recorded and lost for over a decade. It sounds just as good as anything they've done. Can't wait to hear the new album, and maybe they'll come play in Charlottetown?

sevex

Starman DX
Today's super late awesome song of the day comes from Tyler:

Nothing More - This Is The Time (Ballast)

And it's a live (studio) version! The guitars are sometimes a little too nu-metal for my tastes, but the guy can sing! Definitely some Fair to Midland influence in the vocals, but it doesn't make them any less impressive. Sadly I can't really get into the rest of the album, but I'll give it a few more tries.

sevex

Starman DX
Here's an enormous song of the day. (I apologize if these YouTube links play ads, I have a YouTube commercial skipper extension installed.)

The Decemberists - California One / Youth and Beauty Brigade

This is the song that convinced me to give The Decemberists a shot. Listening to it always reminds me of late Summer evenings.

sevex

Starman DX
Very quick, late, awesome song of the day.

Holly McNarland - In The Air Tonight

Holly McNarland does a sweet Phil Collins cover!

sevex

Starman DX
It has been a very long time! Seems like I totally forgot about doing this for the week before my vacation.

The Get Up Kids - Close to Me

This is the very first song I had ever heard by The Get Up Kids. Still a great cover.