Forum »
Square Enix announces Final Fantasy 5 and 6 for gba!

ioev

Starman DX
And also, by skimming the article and checking out the screenshots, we have some definitive proof of Final Fantasy 3 on the DS! Check out the screenshots, it's going to be a weird form of 3d?

http://www.jeux-france.com/news12672_final-fantasy-iii-en-2006.html

subpop

Starman Super
THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
excellent indeed. so excellent that I now need to change my underwear. Seriously those ff3 ds screens have got me pretty excited, nuts to the next gen console wars!!!! I brought it up in this forum a while ago that sqaure was being awfully quiet about ff3 ds. it must have undergone some major design changes since its inital announcement or else they wouldnt have dropped such cheap hints. My understanding was that the port would be very similar to the orignal wonderswan color version, but those new "3d" screens seem to contradict that. well anyway I really should change my underwear now.
"when I think about my DS, I touch myself"

Gatsu

Starman Super
three dee..... :/ I was hoping to see it done in the style of the FFI&II remakes as well :( Those were so well done.
-_o

Atomsk

Starman Super
The most positive thing I can think about with these games being turned into 3D is that we'll be getting a fully reworked game, and it'll also attract others to the series who might have possibly be turned away by the original sprites.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
those ds screens might not be true 3d anyway it could just be a fixed perspective like diablo or something. As long as I find the art and character design appealing, I dont care really if its "3d" or not. Hopefully they'll implement the touch screen in some innovative fashion and not just as a tacked on novelty
"when I think about my DS, I touch myself"

ioev

Starman DX
Wow, I didn't even know that FF3 was planned for the wonderswan. Did it ever actually come out?

I think I'd actually be happier with it in 3d for some reason. A simple little 16-bit upgrade with the same sized sprites and graphics is really a waste to completely re-release the game. Should be really cool (and hopefully very difficult like the original) Plus if they had used the original sprites, then what would the use the other screen for? I'm asuming the top screen would be battles and such, and the bottom screen would be menus... possibly.

Gatsu

Starman Super
I can't see how they could change the game enough to make use of the touch screen in any innovative way - the most I can see it being useful for is quick access to the menus. On a tangent, this is what they did with Advance Wars DS - and to be honest, I still preferred playing with the DPad and buttons...
-_o

ioev

Starman DX
I still played with the dpad too, I guess I'm just too used to it.

Atomsk

Starman Super
This is what I was hoping that Final Fantasy 6 was going to look like.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.