Forum »
Square Enix announces Final Fantasy 5 and 6 for gba!

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
it does look a bit like crystal chronicles, doesn't it? just LOOK at those cute little onion kids scrapping with adamantoise!!! needless to say i'm excited.......
"when I think about my DS, I touch myself"

ioev

Starman DX
Hey, I just remembered that there was a Saga remake for the wonderswan color, along with Final Fantasy 1, 2 and 4. I wonder if that could posibly make it to the gba...

For all who don't know, Saga was Final Fantasy Legend on the original Gameboy. Probably one of the best portable RPGs ever.

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
man I never did figure out that food and metal eating game mechanic that turned you into a muntant or whatever. but I still enjoyed parts 2 and 3 and wasn't there other games remade in that series?(recently and on current generation consoles)

ioev

Starman DX
Well, there was a new one on ps2, saga frontier I think? Which sucked, I never played it. And Romancing Saga 1 which was the first on the SNES was recently remade for ps2, which I hear also sucks. There were also 2 on the ps1, the 2nd one was aparently decent, the first one sucked. The Romancing Saga games on the snes I tried to play, but they mostly sucked as well. I think the 3 on the Gameboy may be the only ones that weren't terrible, and I'm stretching it with #3.

Final Fantasy Legend is still a great game though. I remember playing that on my paper route. It would take twice as long to finish the route with me and steve alternating on the game. Beating "Creator" for the first time at Shawns place. Good times...

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
Gee I remember those days you guys lived right up the street from me on schurman ave, right? I remember being awed by your game collection, even back then! and I remember you taking your gameboy EVERYWHERE. I had to beg my parents and get straight A's for a year before they bought me one!!!(with the legendary metroid II.)

ioev

Starman DX
Haha I remember that too! Although I doubt we had much of a game collection back then. I remember meeting you at the park, with a guy named Joey, so it was Joey and Steve and Steve and Joey, or something like that. I think that was cool when I was a kid. Didn't you live in those apartments on Schurman/Central?

So you actually did get straight A's for a year? Nice work! It's a good thing our parents just let us buy ours :)

sevex

Starman DX
Good ol paper route afforded us many a video game. And yea a Final Fantasy Adventure remake would be super cool too.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel

ioev

Starman DX
You mean like Sword of Mana? :P

sevex

Starman DX
Err Legend.
"Hey, you! If you meet a beautiful, seductive woman who's looking for me, tell her 'hi.' Anyway, I don't think a woman like that would be looking for me." -Guy in Fourside Hotel