Forum »
The DS has won the portable war, it's over...

ioev

Starman DX
Check out these famitsu scans and bask in the glory of:

A new Wario platformer!
A new Tales game for DS!
Tingle RPG, Animal Crossing, New Mario Bros, Dragon Quest, Children of Mana... the list goes on!

See also the listing for a new Castlevania DS game, already!

http://www.jeux-france.com/news12670_une-tonne-de-jeux-pour-la-nds.html

subpop

Starman Super
I came.
You! Invaders! Get You the Hot Bullets of Shotgun to Die!

milocat51

Starman Super
Yeah, you know Joe that I already declared the PSP lost. This is just the nails in the coffin.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

ioev

Starman DX
But the psp is still getting ports of popular psx games! How dare us declare it over already!

Yousefer

Starman Jr.
Thats amazing. Lets just hope that Konami doesnt try to port Castlevania 64 :|

ioev

Starman DX
More like :( I don't think that's really a posibility though, given the quality of new DS games. There seems to be even more competition in the market, so ports are not an option at this point.

Also, don't forget to check out the Mario and Luigi and Magical Vacation screenshots. Better ones are here (link courtesy of 4cr), the MV one has the big scorpion in it.

Atomsk

Starman Super
There are many times when the PSP was essentually dubbed as not being a competing factor for the portable market, most notably when it was announced it'd be almost like a portable Playstation, and then again when they started making comments on it's load times, and once again when they released the price.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
And now even psp fans are boasting the homebrew culture as being the best part of the psp. Not to mention, that the Madden NFL game came out with a glaring crash bug.

Atomsk

Starman Super
Homebrew? I thought that once you bought a new game and played it, Boom! Your internal software is updated, and you're unable to play Homebrew or Emulators?

I don't know if you can praise a system for being good because it has the ability to do something that even the creators are trying to make sure doesn't happen.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

milocat51

Starman Super
The launch of the V2.0 to 1.5 downgrader hack is almost archaic in internet age now. Every time a patch is released, the same will happen. Games that auto update have been ripped, cracked, and can be run from the memory stick. All the end user needs to purchase besides their PSP is a type B USB cable and a decent size stick (all currently ripped PSP games are under 300mb in size, most under 200).

PSP is dead. Watch it flail and writhe.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.