Forum »
Your greatest fear

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
something to look forward to in 2008 (sorry, I know I should have put this in the linksville thread)
"when I think about my DS, I touch myself"

ioev

Starman DX
Well, I suppose as a new thread it can support some new discussion. Like the odd demand for some companies to portabalize their current console in some form or another. We've seen requests for the portable GC, portable PSX, etc etc. The only 2 actual portable consoles were the Sega Nomad, and the Turbo Express. Both of which were WAY overpriced, needed way too many batteries, and were not successful in the least. Hard to say if a portable snes would meet the same end...

I'm pretty sure though, as it's been demonstrated, that most console games are just not meant to be played in the same way that portable games are. I'm sure it's pretty obvious what the purpose behind a console game is, compared to a portable game, but some companies just don't understand this.

I'm finding lately that the GBA is even a little behind the times for a portable, because the DS you can shut, and it goes into a stand-by mode (which I use a LOT). Obviously, most console games would not be able to do this on a portable version of the hardware.

Anyway, that was my attempt. Most gamers just don't know what's good for them.

(On another note, did any of you guys think about how much edge the GBA will have with 3 Final Fantasy ports coming to it? When you think how they could have just as easily ported these to the PSP to meet that demand... nice!)

CoffeeMan

Starman Jr.
but FF3 is being ported to DS :P

FF4-6 is being done to GBA

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
while the psp gets final fantasy VII: Crisis Core, an "action rpg". hahhahhahahaaha is it just me or is square spreading themselves a little 2 thin nowadays? this game will probably come out in 2007 after the ffVI revival buzz has worn off, it will do poor sales and it will probably suck more than ff crystal chronicles. I hate to say it but maybe its time to put the ff franchise out to pasture, before things get to embarassing.

Atomsk

Starman Super
The thing with that is though it has "Final Fantasy VII" branded on it, so they're going to take in a lot of sales just because rediculously idiotic fanboys are just going to eat up the crap they throw out.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
Not until I get to play Final Fantasy XII!

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
Ok, agreed. The final fantasy series for me is like an old girlfriend that I keep hooking up with, trying to rekindle the passion and joy of my younger days.....and I keep giving it ONE more chance, just one more and it'll get better, its not final fantasies fault, if I was a more attentive fan then maybe things would change......I just don't know if I can stand being hurt that way again, the last time was really hard on me. oh final fantasy, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

ioev

Starman DX
Ha, that was awesome. And I know exactly what you mean...

Atomsk

Starman Super
Hahaha, That's funny. If you use that analogy towards the Final Fantasy series, it turns it more into a ten dollar bi-sexual whore who's been workin' the corner a few too many years.
"We're not retreating, we're advancing towards future victory!" - Sarge, Red vs. Blue web series.

ioev

Starman DX
SHUT THE @#$! UP! NO ONE TALKS ABOUT HER THAT WAY! NO ONE!