Forum »
When Google couldn't help you...

ioev

Starman DX
I want to have an experiment, so here's a little thread about times when you're using google to look up information, and it just couldn't find anything you were looking for.

An example? I'm trying to find information about reading speaker specifications, what are good, what they mean. Searched it 7 diffirent ways and couldn't find a thing. Turned my attention to about.com and I think I found what I'm looking for.

So what are some things you just can't find with google? I have a feeling there are LOTS.

milocat51

Starman Super
I don't think Google, or at least the internet in general, has ever failed me. At least nothing recent.
I'm no hero. Never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer, hired to do some wet work.

ioev

Starman DX
I just feel that google is definitely not the fantastic search engine everyone makes it out to be.

Let's make some examples shall we? A few simple search phrases and the "Feeling Lucky" button.

Cookie recipies - this works, very simple search term.
new musical artists - music.yahoo.com (believe me, nothing new here)
how to read an analog clock - shows you how to build a water alarm clock? has google ads on it...
buying a boat - a guide on how to buy a boat, has google ads on it, also sells boats and offers loans.

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
pretty obscure, but when reading an interview with danny heifitz of Mr. Bungle, the interviewer asked if unreleased tracks like "cold sore" would ever see the light of day. when I searched for the song on google, all I got was that same interview! other than that I usually have a hard time finding published reviews of japan only games, if somebody could point me in the right direction?
"when I think about my DS, I touch myself"

mrbungle

Starman Jr.
Ha I tried looking for info on that song at about.com and couldnt even find a search on Mr. Bungle. guess I'll stick with google.....
"when I think about my DS, I touch myself"